Sergio Ramos named in PSG squad for Man City UCL clash
For the first time since his move from Real Madrid, Sergio Ramos has been named in Paris Saint-Germain's matchday squad.
Ramos is yet to feature for PSG, having struggled with a calf issue since his arrival from Real Madrid on a free transfer in the close season.
The Spain international only made 15 LaLiga appearances in his final season at Madrid, and last played in May when Los Blancos went down to Chelsea in the Champions League.
Mauricio Pochettino confirmed last week that Ramos was nearing a return to action, but the 35-year-old – along with fellow centre-back Marquinhos – was not included in the squad to face Nantes at the weekend.
However, both have been included for Wednesday's Champions League trip to the Etihad Stadium.
A win for PSG would guarantee their progression to the last 16, while a victory for City would see Pep Guardiola's team top Group A.
PSG won the previous meeting between the sides in the group stage, with Lionel Messi scoring his first goal for the club in a 2-0 win at the Parc des Princes.
Messi netted his maiden Ligue 1 goal in the 3-1 win over Nantes on Saturday, and the Argentinian is also fit to face City, as are PSG's other star forwards Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online