Cristiano injures himself performing classic goal celebration
The Portuguese ace is doubtful for Sunday's league game against Crystal Palace after straining himself while celebrating one of his goals against Arsenal.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a serious doubt for Ralf Rangnick's first game in charge as Manchester United manager. The Portuguese ace, who has been experiencing discomfort with one of his knees, could miss Sunday's visit from Crystal Palace. Apparrently, he overexerted himself while peforming his classic celebratory jump after scoring his second goal in Thursday's game against Arsenal, UK media reports.
Manchester United sources let slip that Cristiano hurt his knee while doing his characteristic leap while celebrating the penalty he converted to hand the team a 3-2 win against Arsenal at Old Trafford. Cristiano continued playing - and even covered the whole pitch when United launched an attack, although he was replaced by Anthony Martial on 88 minutes and left the pitch with a slight hobble.
Cristiano Ronaldo's absence on Sunday comes as an untimely blow for Rangnick, who was full of praise for the player on Friday, telling reporters: "Having seen Cristiano yesterday in the second half at the age of 36, an amazing top professional. At his age, I've never seen a player who is still that physically fit. He's still a player who can easily make the difference. So yes, it's about how we can develop the whole team, not only Cristiano".
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22