Coman renews with Bayern Munich until June 2027
Bayern Munich have tied down Kingsley Coman until 2027. Stats Perform looks at the numbers behind the winger's time in Bavaria to date.
Kingsley Coman signed a new long-term deal with Bayern Munich on Wednesday, adding four years onto his existing aggrement to keep the winger at the Allianz Arena until the end of the 2026-27 campaign. The France international has been one of Bayern's most consistent performers across his six-and-a-half years with the club, during which time he has made 217 appearances, even though he has had his fair share of struggles with injuries.
Coman wrote his name in club folklore by scoring the winner in the 2019-20 Champions League final against former side Paris Saint-Germain, one of 17 trophies he has won with Bayern. Following the confirmation of Coman's new contract by the German champions, Stats Perform picks out some of the standout numbers from the 25-year-old's time in Bavaria.
Coman in numbers
– Only Manuel Neuer (255), David Alaba (259), Joshua Kimmich (280), Thomas Müller (304) and Robert Lewandowski (306) have made more appearances in all competition's than Coman's 217 since he joined Bayern in 2015.
– The PSG academy product has been directly involved in 88 goals across that period – 46 of his own and 42 assists – a tally bettered by only Kimmich (102), Muller (215) and Lewandowski (346) among Bayern players.
– The 37 chances created by Coman following a take-on since the start of 2015-16 is more than twice as many as any other player in Bundesliga. Julian Brandt ranks second with 18.
– Coman equalled the Bundesliga record by assisting five successive goals for his side in December 2020, something previously only achieved by RB Leipzig's Christopher Nkunku earlier the same year, since Opta began recording such data.
– That included three assists in a single game against Leipzig, which he also managed in 2016 against Werder Bremen. Only Franck Ribéry has recorded three assists in a single game on more occasions for Bayern (four).
– Coman provided at least one assist in four straight Bundesliga matches – six assists in total – between November and December 2020. Only team-mate Thomas Müller has ever had a longer-such run for Bayern (seven games this season).
Recommended in English
- NFL Tom Brady too upset about Bucs' playoff exit to consider future
- NFL Mahomes vs. Allen: the next great NFL quarterback rivalry
- REAL MADRID Benzema home burgled as striker played at the Bernabéu
- TRANSFER MARKET Where has Dusan Vlahovic decided he wants to play?
- Barcelona Barcelona have one week to complete two signings
- NBA How many points per game is LeBron James averaging for the Lakers this season?