Los 40 USA
Sign in to commentAPP
spainSPAINchileCHILEcolombiaCOLOMBIAusaUSAmexicoMEXICOlatin usaLATIN USAamericaAMERICA


$1,200 tax refund: who qualifies and how to apply

Washington State provides a tax refund of up to $1,200 through the Working Families Tax Credit for certain eligible taxpayers. Here are the details.

$1,200 Tax Refund: How to Apply

The state of Washington provides a tax refund up to $1,200 for certain eligible taxpayers thanks to the Working Families Tax Credit (WFTC).

The WFTC awarded by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) is refundable on sales tax paid annually.

$1,200 tax refund: who qualifies and how to apply

The Working Families Tax Credit will make payments of up to $1,200 to individuals and families who meet certain eligibility requirements. These include:

  • Have a Social Security Number, ITIN, or official identification
  • Having lived in Washington more than half the year
  • Be at least 25 years old or less than 65 years old
  • Those who have a qualifying child in 2022 are also eligible
  • Have filed a 2022 tax return
  • Be eligible to claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit on your 2022 tax return

The DOR web portal has a tool that allows taxpayers to determine if they are eligible. It should be mentioned that this eligibility assistant is for informational purposes only and the results are estimates.

When you formally apply for the credit, the DOR will ask you for more detailed information to determine your eligibility.

You may be interested in: Checks for $675 dollars: requirements to cash it and how to register

What you will need to fill out an application

To apply for the Working Families Tax Credit Program, you will need the following:

  • A copy of your federal tax return that you filed to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
  • Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
  • The dates of birth of you, your spouse, and children.
  • Your Washington state driver's license or identification number (if you have one).
  • Your postal and residential address.
  • Your bank ID and account number if you choose direct deposit.

The application can be made online, through MyDOR, the tax filing system, which is available in English and Spanish. It can also be done through electronic filing, using software to prepare taxes provided by various companies.

In addition, the application can be submitted by mail or in person after downloading it in PDF. This is available in several languages.

For more information, visit the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) portal.