LIGUE 1 | TROYES
Ligue 1 basement club Troyes sack Claude Robin
The Ligue 1 strugglers have now parted with two coaches this season after gaining promotion last year. Troyes are 15 points from safety.
Ligue 1's bottom club Troyes sacked coach Claude Robin on Thursday, a day after a heavy 4-0 defeat at Guingamp left them 15 points from safety.
Robin is the second coach Troyes have parted ways with this season having only been named as the replacement to Jean-Marc Furlan on December 8.
Troyes gained promotion to the French top flight after winning the Ligue 2 title last season, but they have won just once this term and are destined for an immediate return to the second division.
The club added that no replacement had been chosen for the 55-year-old, with a trio of assistant coaches set to take over first-team duties until a successor is found.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands