LIGUE 1 | TROYES
Ligue 1 basement club Troyes sack Claude Robin
The Ligue 1 strugglers have now parted with two coaches this season after gaining promotion last year. Troyes are 15 points from safety.
Ligue 1's bottom club Troyes sacked coach Claude Robin on Thursday, a day after a heavy 4-0 defeat at Guingamp left them 15 points from safety.
Robin is the second coach Troyes have parted ways with this season having only been named as the replacement to Jean-Marc Furlan on December 8.
Troyes gained promotion to the French top flight after winning the Ligue 2 title last season, but they have won just once this term and are destined for an immediate return to the second division.
The club added that no replacement had been chosen for the 55-year-old, with a trio of assistant coaches set to take over first-team duties until a successor is found.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2