Luis Enrique equals Pep’s club record: 28 games unbeaten
Barça beat Levante 0-2 at the Ciutat de València and extended their unbeaten run in Luis Enrique’s 100th game in charge.
Luis Enrique brought up his 100th game in charge at Barça (400 in total, including the 300 games he took part in as a player); there was reason to celebrate – not only did his side beat Levante, they also equalled Pep Guardiola’s club record of 28 games without defeat which was set in the 2010-11 season. David Navarro inadvertently put the visitors ahead on 21 minutes with a perfectly-executed ‘Espaldinha’ and Luis Suárez wrapped it up with a winner in the final minute. The current Barça side prolong their unbeaten run with 23 victories and five draws in all competitions.
The last time Barça suffered a defeat was on 3 October 2015 when they lost 2-1 to Sevilla at the Sánchez Pizjuán. Today’s victory was the team’s ninth in succession. Luis Enrique’s side will be back in Valencia on Wednesday with the chance of setting a new record if they can gain at least a draw in the Copa del Rey semi-final return leg at Mestalla. During his 100 games at the helm, Luis Enrique has registered 80 wins, 11 draws and nine defeats with 282 goals for, and 72 against.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades