GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID
Real Madrid's Ramos lauds match-winner Modric
The defender praised his Croatian team-mate who gave them a win over Granada with his perfect 20 yard strike with five minutes to go.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos spoke after his side's hard-fought win against Granada (1-2) this evening, and accepted that the home side had made life very difficult for them. “They pushed hard in the second half. It was a battle. But the team kept going and a great goal from Luka gave us the three points”.
The goal in question was a superb 20 yard strike from Croatian midfielder Luka Modric with five minutes to go, that found the top corner of the net. As Zidane neatly summed up in his post-match press conference: “Modric should shoot more”.
Ramos also mentioned the scorer of the opening goal, French striker Karim Benzema, noting that he was close to making it 0-2 (denied by a great save from Andrés Fernández). “Having Karim is a great source of happiness for us”, said Ramos.
The Real Madrid defender returned to Modric however, lauding the Croatian: “The way I understand football Modric is fundamental. He’s one of the backbone of the team. He’s so important for us”.
The win keeps Madrid in the hunt for the title: they remain four points behind leaders Barcelona (and a point behind city rivals Atleti), though the Catalans have a game in hand.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game