Sri Lanka beat India by five wickets in 1st T20
A depleted Sri Lankan side stunned India by beating the world number one ranked team by five wickets in the first Twenty20 international in Pune on Tuesday.
Sri Lanka stunned India by beating the world number one ranked team by five wickets in the first Twenty20 international in Pune on Tuesday.
Debutant medium-pacer Kasun Rajitha and Dasun Shanaka shared three wickets each to skittle out India for 101 in 18.5 overs, one of the host's lowest score in T20 cricket.
Skipper Dinesh Chandimal then top-scored with a gutsy 35 to help the islanders reach their target with two overs to spare, giving them a surprise lead at the start of the three-match series.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich