Austria's Dominic Thiem backed-up his shock semi-final win over Rafael Nadal to clinch the Argentina Open title on Sunday with a 7-6 (7/2), 3-6, 7-6 (7/4) victory over Nicolas Almagro.
Thiem, the world number 19 and the youngest player in the top 20, captured his fourth career title all of which have been on clay.
The 22-year-old claimed trophies on the surface at Gstaad, Umag and Nice, all in 2015.
Thiem had made the final by seeing off Nadal 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (7/4) on Saturday, saving a match point in the process.
Almagro, 30, was the champion in Buenos Aires in 2011.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold