Defending champions Sri Lanka announce Twenty20 squad
Current holders Sri Lanka have released their 15 man roster for the tournament that starts in India on March 8.
Cricket's shortest format's show piece event, the World Twenty20, gets underway in a month and today it was current holders Sri Lanka's turn to announce who would be heading to India to seek big-hitting, fast-paced cricketing glory.
The Sri Lankan cricket board said it had recalled skipper Lasith Malinga, vice captain Angelo Mathews and some other big guns for the tournament which gets underway on 8 March
Seam bowler Nuwan Kulasekara and left-armed spinner Rangana Herath were also included in the 15-man squad for the tournament, as well as for the upcoming Asia Cup in Bangladesh.
The four had been rested on injury concerns during the just-ended warmup series against India which they lost 1-2.
All were members of the Sri Lanka side that won the 2014 World T20 championship, defeating India by six wickets in the final.
Kulasekara will spearhead the seam attack for the Sri Lankans who are also defending champions of the Asia Cup that starts later this month.
Sri Lanka T20 squad
Lasith Malinga (Capt) Angelo Mathews (vice capt): Dinesh Chandimal, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Niroshan Dickwella, Shehan Jayasuriya, Milinda Siriwardana, Dasun Shanaka, Chamara Kapugedera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dushmantha Chameera, Thisara Perera, Sachithra Senanayake, Rangana Herath and Jeffrey Vandersay.
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?