VALENCIA BASKET 94-95 REAL MADRID
Llull: "It was bit of a fluke really... but we won the game"
The Real Madrid point guard beat the buzzer firing in a sensational winner from his own half at the Municipal Fuente de San Luis.
“To be honest, it was a bit of a fluke really but it went in and we won the game”, Sergio Llull explained with typical humility after his increbible 20-yard buzzer beater enabled Real Madrid’s basketball team to clinch a one-point win away at Valencia Basket.
It’s not the first time that the Madrid point guard has saved the day with last gasp shots from the field – he produced one in the Copa del Rey final against FC Barcelona in 2014 and more recently, hit Madrid’s last eight points in a desperately closely-run Copa semi-final meeting with Baskonia.
The Municipal Fuente de San Luis seems to be a lucky court for the Madrid No.23, who added after the game: “I’ve got nothing against Valencia’s fans but it’s true, this court always seems to bring me luck”.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPACEFLIGHT SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?