Didier Drogba wants to train with Miami FC for a month
The ex-Chelsea striker doesn't want to play on an artificial pitch and has asked Montreal Impact if he can go to Miami to work with Nesta's team for around four weeks.
Didier Drogba doesn't want to play the first four games for his current club, Montreal Impact, as he feels uneasy about running about on a plastic pitch.
Of the first five games scheduled for the new season, four of them will be played on an artificial surface. These will be against the Vancouver Whitecaps, New York Red Bulls, Seattle Sounders and Columbus Crew.
According to reporter Patrick Friolet, the ex-Chelsea striker is currently negotiating with the Canadian club to see if there is an opportunity to head down to Miami.
Alessandro Nesta, the Miami FC coach, has a good relationship with Montreal Impact after spending a year playing for them in the MLS.
But, at the time of writing, there is still no agreement between the clubs although everything suggests that Drogba will get his wish and disappear for a month.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 25 July
- HEALTHCARE What is the Candida auris 'superbug' fungal infection spreading in the US? What are the symptoms?
- US NEWS What is critical race theory? What topics were cut under Texas’ new anti-CRT education bill?
- Concacaf Gold Cup USA vs Jamaica live: 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarter-final online
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Katie Ledecky medals, swimming finals, medal count results today July 25
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics 2021: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times