Champions League: CR7 in hot pursuit of own scoring record
His strike against Roma saw him move to 13 in this year's Champions League, just four off the competition record of 17 he set in 2013-14.
Cristiano Ronaldo is hot on the trail of yet more record-breaking feats in his competition of choice: the Champions League.
The Portuguese ace put Real Madrid ahead at the Bernabéu on Tuesday as they sealed their progress to the quarter-finals of the tournament, claiming a 2-0 second-leg victory over Roma to win the sides' last-16 tie 4-0 on aggregate.
And Cristiano's goal takes his tally to 13 in Europe's top club competition this season, leaving the 31-year-old just four shy of his own scoring record for a single Champions League campaign - a mark that currently stands at the 17 he racked up as Real lifted 'La Décima' in 2013-14.
With Los Blancos now taking their place in the draw for the last eight - which will be held in Nyon on 18 March - Ronaldo has at least two more games in which to continue his bid to reel in that total.
The forward's haul of 27 LaLiga strikes in 2015-16 means that his opener against Roma also saw him bring up 40 goals in all competitions this term.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?