Champions League: CR7 in hot pursuit of own scoring record
His strike against Roma saw him move to 13 in this year's Champions League, just four off the competition record of 17 he set in 2013-14.
Cristiano Ronaldo is hot on the trail of yet more record-breaking feats in his competition of choice: the Champions League.
The Portuguese ace put Real Madrid ahead at the Bernabéu on Tuesday as they sealed their progress to the quarter-finals of the tournament, claiming a 2-0 second-leg victory over Roma to win the sides' last-16 tie 4-0 on aggregate.
And Cristiano's goal takes his tally to 13 in Europe's top club competition this season, leaving the 31-year-old just four shy of his own scoring record for a single Champions League campaign - a mark that currently stands at the 17 he racked up as Real lifted 'La Décima' in 2013-14.
With Los Blancos now taking their place in the draw for the last eight - which will be held in Nyon on 18 March - Ronaldo has at least two more games in which to continue his bid to reel in that total.
The forward's haul of 27 LaLiga strikes in 2015-16 means that his opener against Roma also saw him bring up 40 goals in all competitions this term.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo