Cholo looks for Carrasco to give Atleti creative spark
The Belgian winger is set to start as Los Rojiblancos look to cling on to the title race against Deportivo (20:30 CET).
Carrasco arrived at the Calderón last summer with the caveat: “I’m not here as Arda’s replacement”, yet what both players undeniably have in common is their ability to turn a game, to be the difference, to find that impossible pass (Turan) or that impossible run (Carrasco).
Today, one month on from the Getafe game, Carrasco is set to return to the starting line-up. El Cholo has been torn between Augusto and Carrasco all week, but finally appears to have plumped for the latter, with Koke in central midfield, Vietto in the hole and the Belgian on the wing looking to slice open the opposition rearguard.
Deportivo, meanwhile, currently find themselves looking over their shoulders at the relegation scrap and are six points clear with 12 games left to play. Their current plight is not helped by the long-term injury to Sidnei and the absence of goalscorer Lucas Pérez. Beyond the Calderón, the Galicain side will surely be looking ahead to their do-or-die trio of fixtures against Levante-Celta-Las Palmas, which will surely define their fate this campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest