Real to hand Bale big-money contract extension - report
The Daily Telegraph says that Los Blancos are out to add a further two years to the Welshman's current deal - and significantly up his pay.
Real Madrid are planning to reward Gareth Bale for his sterling form this term - despite his frequent injury issues - by handing him a two-year contract extension, according to the Daily Telegraph.
The Welshman, who in Sunday's victory over Sevilla overtook Gary Lineker as the highest-scoring British player ever in LaLiga, is currently tied to the Bernabéu outfit until 2019.
Bale's Real deal would also net him a bumper increase on his present wages of nine million euros a season after tax - a pay hike that would see him rival Cristiano Ronaldo as the club's top earner.
The Telegraph reports that talks with the 26-year-old and his agent, Jonathan Barnett, are yet to get underway.
With Bale's new contract, Real would aim to ward off potential suitors in the Premier League, as well as the likes of Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play