How could one simple little website cause so much trouble? Football Leaks' revelation of Neymar's contract with Barcelona caused quite the stir, it has more bonuses than the Spanish civil service and more clauses than Christmas. He'll earn about €45.9 million by the end of that 5-year contract, and with it coming to an end this summer the Brazilian's representatives are holding out for a deal that might see him earn that much in a single year.
According to AS sources, Neymar has asked for a quintupling of his current salary to continue at Barcelona; more than 45 million euro a year pre-tax.
This big-money demand has Barça president Bartomeu scrambling to come up with the necessary cash to keep the MSN together, currently negotiating a new shirt sponsorship deal, a new shirt supplier agreement with Nike and offering the naming rights for the new Camp Nou.
Of course, Neymar isn't the only culé feeling the cold hand of the taxman, Messi's naming in the Panama Papers may have its repurcussions and if Neymar seals a deal of such stratospheric proportions, how can you refuse Leo Messi and Luis Suarez a similar contract?
Money might tear this brilliant Barcelona team apart.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA