How could one simple little website cause so much trouble? Football Leaks' revelation of Neymar's contract with Barcelona caused quite the stir, it has more bonuses than the Spanish civil service and more clauses than Christmas. He'll earn about €45.9 million by the end of that 5-year contract, and with it coming to an end this summer the Brazilian's representatives are holding out for a deal that might see him earn that much in a single year.
According to AS sources, Neymar has asked for a quintupling of his current salary to continue at Barcelona; more than 45 million euro a year pre-tax.
This big-money demand has Barça president Bartomeu scrambling to come up with the necessary cash to keep the MSN together, currently negotiating a new shirt sponsorship deal, a new shirt supplier agreement with Nike and offering the naming rights for the new Camp Nou.
Of course, Neymar isn't the only culé feeling the cold hand of the taxman, Messi's naming in the Panama Papers may have its repurcussions and if Neymar seals a deal of such stratospheric proportions, how can you refuse Leo Messi and Luis Suarez a similar contract?
Money might tear this brilliant Barcelona team apart.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?