TENNIS | BUCHAREST
Spain's Fernando Verdasco claims Romanian Open title
The 32-year-old saw off France's Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 in Bucharest on Monday to win his first ATP tournament for more than two years.
Spain's Fernando Verdasco clinched his first ATP title in more than two years in Bucharest on Monday when he defeated Frenchman Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 in the final of the Romanian Open.
It was the seventh top-level tour title of his career - the last of these coming in Houston in April, 2014 - and the fifth on claycourts.
Pouille, 10 years younger than his opponent at 22, was playing in his first ATP tour final, but he never looked like troubling the tough Spaniard, a former top tenner who has slumped to 60th in the world rankings.
The final had been held over from Sunday due to heavy rain in the Romanian capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds