TENNIS | BUCHAREST
Spain's Fernando Verdasco claims Romanian Open title
The 32-year-old saw off France's Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 in Bucharest on Monday to win his first ATP tournament for more than two years.
Spain's Fernando Verdasco clinched his first ATP title in more than two years in Bucharest on Monday when he defeated Frenchman Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 in the final of the Romanian Open.
It was the seventh top-level tour title of his career - the last of these coming in Houston in April, 2014 - and the fifth on claycourts.
Pouille, 10 years younger than his opponent at 22, was playing in his first ATP tour final, but he never looked like troubling the tough Spaniard, a former top tenner who has slumped to 60th in the world rankings.
The final had been held over from Sunday due to heavy rain in the Romanian capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment