TENNIS | BUCHAREST
Spain's Fernando Verdasco claims Romanian Open title
The 32-year-old saw off France's Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 in Bucharest on Monday to win his first ATP tournament for more than two years.
Spain's Fernando Verdasco clinched his first ATP title in more than two years in Bucharest on Monday when he defeated Frenchman Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 in the final of the Romanian Open.
It was the seventh top-level tour title of his career - the last of these coming in Houston in April, 2014 - and the fifth on claycourts.
Pouille, 10 years younger than his opponent at 22, was playing in his first ATP tour final, but he never looked like troubling the tough Spaniard, a former top tenner who has slumped to 60th in the world rankings.
The final had been held over from Sunday due to heavy rain in the Romanian capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?