BAYERN MÚNICH - ATLÉTICO
Simeone hits Atlético's touchline assistant during Bayern match
The Argentinean coach lost the plot during the Champions League semi-final second leg while trying to bring Savic on and hit Pedro Pablo Matesanz the club's stadium co-ordinator.
Diego Pablo Simeone, Atlético coach, lost the plot close to the end of the nerve-wracking game against Bayern Munich, which saw the Spanish side go through on the away goals rule.
The Argentinean was trying to bring Savic on to run down the clock as Bayern pushed for a winner, but his team had failed to get the substitution approved.
Simeone lashed out, striking his touchline assistant Pedro Pablo Matesanz, who was sent visibly reeling from the blow to his shoulder.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up