Italy lose Verratti just one month ahead of EURO 2016
Italian midfielder Marco Verratti has been ruled out of Euro 2016 after his Paris Saint-Germain club revealed he will undergo groin surgery on 16 May.
Italian midfielder Marco Verratti has been ruled out of EURO 2016 after his club Paris Saint-Germain revealed he will undergo groin surgery on 16 May.
Verratti's absence from the June 10-July 10 tournament in France is a major blow for Italy coach Antonio Conte with the 23-year-old joining Juventus's Claudio Marchisio on the sidelines. Marchisio was ruled out of the Euros with a left knee injury and won't play again until September.
'It's always his groin problem, he has made progress but he is still feeling some discomfit,' said PSG coach Laurent Blanc. “We do not want to take any risks with Marco. He is an exceptional player. He has had the problem for two and a half months. He made some progress, coming back to the squad and playing until the end of matches. He is on the road to recovery”.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2