CRICKET | ENGLAND-SRI LANKA
Sri Lanka 1-0 following on at second day stumps at Headingley
Sri Lanka were made to follow-on after being dismissed for 91 in reply to England's first innings 298 on the second day of the first Test at Headingley on Friday.
Sri Lanka were one without loss, following on in their second innings, at stumps on the second day of the first Test against England at Headingley on Friday.
Dimuth Karunaratne and Kaushal Silva were both unbeaten on nought after just two balls, including a lone leg bye, were possible in Sri Lanka's second innings before the umpires called an early close because of bad light.
Sri Lanka ended the day 206 runs behind after being skittled out for 91 in reply to England's first innings 298.
James Anderson took five for 16, his best Test figures at Headingley, including a spell of four for one in 29 balls.
New-ball partner Stuart Broad took four for 21 in an innings that was completed inside 37 overs.
This is the first of a three-Test series.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22