Nadal: Agassi pens letter of admiration to Spanish ace
The eight-time Grand Slam champion has written an emotional tribute to Rafa Nadal, who is out to make it ten French Open titles.
Former Tennis star Andre Agassi has penned a letter of admiration to Spaniard Rafa Nadal, who is currently bidding to win the French Open for a tenth time.
Agassi, who lifted the trophy in 1999, spoke of his amazement at Nadal's haul of titles in Paris, and urged the 29-year-old to go on and reach double figures.
"It took me most of my career to accomplish the herculean task of winning the French Open one time," wrote Agassi in a note posted on his Twitter account.
"Watching you attempt to win it for the tenth time is not only remarkable, it is inspiring.
"You make me believe in life that anything is achievable and nothing is impossible," the American concluded. "Go get 'em."
Nadal defeated Argentina's Facundo Bagnis on Thursday to advance to the third round at Roland Garros.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?