LA LIGA | DEPORTIVO
Deportivo sack Víctor Sánchez
Despite the coach recently re-signing a deal through to 2017, the Galician side confirmed today that he will no longer continue on the Riazor bench.
Deportivo de la Coruña confirmed this morning that Victor Sánchez del Amo will no longer coach at Riazor despite recently signing a contract extension that would have him remain at the Galician side through to 2017.
The poor season run-in and the dressing room problems at the Galician outfit have been key factors in the club taking the decision. A comunique from the club issued this morning stated: "The board of directors at Real Club Deportivo have made the decision to terminate the contract of Víctor Sánchez del Amo como entrenador del equipo. El Club quiere agradecer al técnico su apuesta, dedicación, esfuerzo y profesionalidad durante la etapa que ha dirigido al equipo en Primera División".
Club president Tino Fernández will hold a press conference later this evening where it's expected he will go into more detail surrounding dismissal.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?