EURO 2016 | SPAIN
Casillas, Rico, De Gea: Who is Del Bosque's number one?
Sergio Rico and Casillas featured in today's friendly game against South Korea in Salzburg where 'La Roja" strolled to a comfortable 6-1 win.
Friday June 10 see's the Euro 2016 tournament get underway in Paris as hosts France take on Romania in Group A.
Holders Spain start their campaign on June 13 when the Czech Republic are the first opponents of Vicente del Bosque's side in Toulouse. With many of the starting position's in the Spanish side clear in the mind of the national team coach one of the outstanding question marks for many of La Roja supporters is who will be the coach from Salamanca's number one choice goalkeeper.
With previous third choice keeper, Villarreal's Sergio Asenjo still lacking first team playing time as a result of his cruciate ligament injury rehabilitation, Sevilla's Sergio Rico has been the player elected by Del Bosque to form part of his 23 man squad for France with the 22 year old making his international debut this afternoon in Salzburg.
Del Bosque has rotated between Iker Casillas and Manchester United's David de Gea in recent friendly games. In the March friendly games, De Gea was first choice against Italy with Casillas manning the posts for the Romania game. Given both player's form this season and despite his loyalty for the veteran goalkeeper from Mostoles it would be surprising not to see the United player line up for 'La Roja' in Stadium de Toulouse on Monday week.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it