Eric Bailly set to join Manchester United for 40 million euro
Villarreal and the Red Devils have reached an agreement for the young Ivory Coast defender. Manchester United v. Manchester City live online
Villarreal’s Eric Bailly, is set to join Premier League side Manchester United with the deal expected to be closed later tonight. The Carrusel Deportivo sports programme (part of the Cadena Ser network) have confirmed that both sides are about to conclude the negotiation process with a fee of 40 million euro being agreed in securing the defender’s signature. United will not pay his buy-out clause which was fixed at 40 million but will pay the LaLiga club a quantity that when varying add-on fees etc. are added up will be close to the 40 million euro mark.
Manchester United were not alone in their pursuit of the Ivory Coast international with Manchester City and reigning champions Leicester City also showing interest in the coveted defender. In Spain Robert Fernandez, Barcelona sporting director was known to be following the development of the player as he watched Denis Suárez at Villarreal.
Moved from Espanyol
Bailly arrived at Villarreal over 18 months ago following a move from Espanyol. The “yellow submarine” paid 5,1 million euro for his services with Espanyol retaining a stake in the player. Bailly has convinced at Villarreal with his strong dynamic physical style of play but has been prone to lapses of concentration and has been troubled with a series of shoulder injuries.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother