FIFA slams 'shameful scenes' and 'idiotic troublemakers': Euro 2016
FIFA on Sunday strongly condemned the 'shameful scenes' between 'idiotic troublemakers' at the European Championship.
With authorities struggling to contain violence on the streets of France at Euro 2016, and UEFA scrambling to respond, FIFA has condemned the actions of the perpetrators of the violence, calling them "idiotic troublemakers":
'FIFA strongly condemns any form of violence and finds it wholly unacceptable to see such shameful scenes around football matches perpetrated by a minority of idiotic troublemakers,' said a FIFA spokeswoman in a statement.
The world body said the fighting fans 'have nothing to do with football and its true fans.'
This comes after the announcement that the UEFA is investigating Russian fans for violent attacks in the Stade Velodrome after Saturday night's clashes.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"