Copa America final referee confused with narco in Peru
Photos emerge online that look like the Copa América final referee with two naked girls, later the man in the photo was identified as a known narco.
Photos went viral online of what appeared to show the Brazilian referee Héber Lopes, who officiated the Argentina-Chile final in New Jersey, accompanied by two naked girls the night after the Copa America final. After a few hours of social media meltdown, it was confirmed that the photos were not of the referee, but a Paraguayan 'narcotraficante'.
Some Peruvian newspapers claimed that Lopes went on a wild celebration spree after the final that Chile won on penalties, ending up with two women who, according to Libero de Perú, were Chilean.
The referee was heavily criticised for his performance in a match that ended with 10 men v 10 men after two first-half red cards and 45 minutes of football that was memorable more for on-pitch controversy than sparkling football.
The referee is known for his involvement in a 2005 match-fixing scandal, but was acquitted by the Brazilian federation chairman at the time, Ricardo Teixeira, who is currently under investigation for FIFAgate.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online