Denis Suárez to be unveiled by Barça on Wednesday
The 22-year-old Spanish starlet is set to complete his return to the Catalans from Villarreal on a four-year contract.
Villarreal attacking midfielder Denis Suárez is to be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Wednesday, completing a 3.5-million-euro return to the Catalan club.
The news, revealed by Catalonia-based newspaper Sport earlier on Saturday, has been confirmed by Diario AS.
Buy-back option activated
On Thursday, Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu told a press conference that a deal to bring Suárez back from El Madrigal was yet to be wrapped up.
But talks have now been completed and, with Los Azulgranas triggering a repurchase option on the 22-year-old, he is poised to rejoin the side he left two years ago, initially on loan to Sevilla.
The ex-Manchester City man is expected to put pen to paper on a four-year contract that includes the option of a further season, with his release clause fixed at 50 million euros.
The Spaniard is set to be joined at the Camp Nou by Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti, with the France international to undergo a medical after Euro 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades