Kranevitter: Sevilla agree loan deal for Atlético midfielder
The season-long switch, which is subject to a medical, sees the Argentina international become the Andalusians' third summer recruit.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Sevilla have reached an agreement with Atlético Madrid to take defensive midfielder Matías Kranevitter to the Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán on a season-long loan.
The deal, which is subject to a medical, was confirmed by both LaLiga clubs on Thursday evening.
Sevilla's third close-season signing
The 23-year-old is the third player to be brought in by the Europa League winners this summer, after Pablo Sarabia and Hiroshi Kiyotake.
Kranevitter was signed by Atlético from River Plate in August 2015 for 17 million euros, staying in Argentina on loan until January before making 11 appearances for Los Rojiblancos.
With his first-team chances expected to be limited next term, boss Diego Simeone was keen for him to gain Spanish top-flight experience elsewhere.
He was part of his country's squad at the Copa América Centenario, coming on for Ángel Di María in the final as the Albiceleste lost on penalties to Chile.
Kranevitter to join squad in coming days
The midfielder remains on holiday following the tournament and will join up with his team-mates for pre-season training, which began on Wednesday, in the coming days.
The switch will see him link up with countryman Jorge Sampaoli, who took over as head coach at Sevilla at the end of June.
The former River man will help to fill the hole left by Grzegorz Krychowiak after the Pole's departure for Paris Saint-Germain.
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view