Germany specialists in semi-final exits over past decade
The Germans were in their sixth straight major semi on Thursday - and more often than not, that run has brought last-four elimination.
Germany's Euro 2016 semi-final against France saw them appear at the penultimate stage of a major tournament for the sixth straight occasion.
Out in four of last six semis
But a 2-0 defeat to Les Bleus means they have become quite the specialists in last-four elimination at recent finals, having lost four of those six semis.
The run, which began in 2006, has seen the Nationalmannschaft knocked out in the semi-finals of two European Championships and two World Cups.
As hosts of World Cup 2006, the Germans succumbed 2-0 to Italy, before being beaten 1-0 by Spain in South Africa four years later.
Meanwhile, Euro 2012 ended in final-four heartbreak after a 2-1 defeat to Italy, ahead of Thursday night's reverse to France.
Euro 2008 brought disappointment in the final against Spain - while only one of their six consecutive semi-final appearances since '06 has witnessed them go on to lift the trophy: the 2014 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen