Bale reacts to Ronaldo's injury: "It's terrible to see Cris come off"
There were instant reactions of support on the internet after Ronaldo was injured and had to come off in the Euro 2016 final between Portugal and France.
The first to post on Twitter was Gareth Bale, whose Wales team had been knocked out by Ronaldo's Portugal in the semi-finals:
Terrible to see Cris come off like that. Hope it's nothing too bad 🙏🏼— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) 10 de julio de 2016
Next was Marcelo, also on Twitter: "Come on Cris!!! We're all with you!!! You're amazing".
Vamos Cris!!! todos contigo!!! Eres grande has hecho todo lo posible! 💪🏾 @Cristiano— Marcelotwelve (@MarceloM12) 10 de julio de 2016
Real Madrid's Spanish account (the English account ignored the incident) limited themselves to a cold, short tweet on the matter: "Cristiano substituted on 25' after taking a knock".
Meanwhile Iceland showed, again, why everyone loves them...
It doesn't matter what Ronaldo said about Iceland, this is absolutely heart-breaking. We feel so sorry for him, devastating for this legend.— Icelandic Football (@icelandfootball) 10 de julio de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?