Kevin Gameiro close to Atlético de Madrid - reports
L'Équipe report that the Sevilla striker is gaining ground to be the man who will lead the Atlético attack next season Atlético vs Real Madrid
While Atlético de Madrid continue their search for a centre-forward, in France, L'Èquipe report that Sevilla's Kevin Gameiro is close to signing for the capital side after negotiations between the player's agents and the club took a new turn yesterday. Atlético opened talks with Gameiro's representatives two weeks ago but the Rojiblancos' interest stems back to May when the forward was waiting to see whether he would be selected for the France squad at Euro 2016.
Atleti looked set to sign Mauro Icardi but now it appears that the Argentinean will renew terms with Inter Milan, following a recent meeting between the player's wife and agent, Wanda Nara and Inter's Director of Sport Piero Ausilio.
Gameiro joined Sevilla three seasons ago, and spent the first two seasons as an alternative to Carlos Bacca - who curiously, Atlético have also been tracking. The French forward hit 21 goals in 49 games in his first season, 15 of them in the league; he followed that up with 17 goals in 44 appearances in his second season and really came into his own when Bacca left and he was left as the team's main reference in attack - 29 goals in 52 games, 16 in the league, and eight in the Europa League.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Dak Prescott's net worth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Will Social Security beneficiaries get a fourth stimulus check?
- NFL Patriots vs. Bills live online: Bills extend lead in 4th quarter | NFL Playoffs
- NFL The Steelers activate JuJu ahead of Wild Card date with Chiefs
- NFL Could Brian Flores be the Texans next head coach?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis could be back by month end