"Atlético offered €60m plus three players for Higuaín" - Napoli chief
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis reveals that Atlético Madrid have offered €60m plus "two or three" player for Gonzalo Higuaín, but the bid has been turned down.
Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday from Dimaro, Napoli’s pre-season base, club president Aurelio De Laurentiis commented on the situation of Gonzalo Higuaín – currently linked with a move to Juventus – and revealed that the the Italian side have received a bid from Atlético Madrid for the striker.
“The only offer we’ve received for Higuain has come from Atléti. Their president (Cerezo) called me and offered me €60 million and two or three players, but I’d said that it couldn’t be possible, very calmly.”
Juve want €94m
De Laurentiis made it clear that he wasn’t going to negotiate for the Argentinian forward, and that he’ll only leave if his €94m buy-out clause is met. Any club who offered that amount would also need to agree terms with the player, who according to various rumours, has already done as much with Juventus. But the Napoli president said he doesn’t see how that could be true.
"Gonzalo wouldn't betray himself"
“Gonzalo wouldn’t betray himself,” he said. “A player can’t sing a love song with the Napoli fans and then leave to put on the shirt of their worst rivals. It would be absurd.”
However, De Laurentiis didn’t rule out saying goodbye to the Serie A top-scorer. “We will see if it’s necessary to get a replacement. There aren’t problems; we finished second without Higuaín too.”
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?