Luis Enrique's first pre-season press conference: ten phrases
The Barça head coach discussed Dani Alves' move to Juventus, Lionel Messi's tricky summer, Arda Turan's future and much more...
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique spoke to the media on Thursday lunchtime in his first press conference since Los Azulgranas' return to pre-season work.
And here are ten key quotes from Enrique's appearance as he looked ahead to the Spanish league and cup double winners' coming campaign.
"Alves' departure surprised me"
Ambition: "We'll go after all the records in the world."
Dani Alves' summer departure: "It surprised me".
Contract runs out next June: "I'm not worried about the future. I'll stop coaching Barcelona when I'm sacked or I run out of energy."
Arda Turan: "I have no doubts that he'll stay here and I want him to stay here."
Fourth striker: "It's true that we're looking for another forward. What we want is a striker keen to come in and contribute."
"I'm not worried about Messi"
Leo Messi's worst summer ever? "I'm not worried in the slightest about Messi's situation. He'll arrive back as always: raring to get out and play football. I don't think the matter [his tax fraud conviction] will affect him at all."
Barça's #WeAreAllLeoMessi campaign: "I was in Costa Rica."
Javier Mascherano: "I hope the club finalises Mascherano's contract renewal. He's a key player both on and off the pitch."
Cristian Tello and Martín Montoya: "The quicker they find a club, the better for them."
Marc-André ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo: "They're under contract [at Barça] and I'm delighted with the three keepers I have."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2