Roberto Soriano completes 5-year switch to Villarreal
The Italian midfielder has joined the 'Yellow Submarine' on a five-year deal. Villarreal have paid Sampdoria 14 million euros in the transaction.
The Castellón-based club announced the news on Tuesday evening - Roberto Soriano is officially a Villarreal player after signing a five-year contract with the club. The 25-year-old midfielder was able to join his new team mates for the late training session and will be presented tomorrow at 20:30 hours. Soriano joins from Sampdoria with the deal being completed for around 14 million euros.
Villarreal have set a new club transfer record in bringing Soriano on board - his transfer fee eclipses the 10 million they paid Internacional de Porto Alegre for Brazilian striker Nilmar seven years ago. Soriano's versatility is what convinced Marcelino - the midfielder can fit into any of the central positions although at the Madrigal, he is expected to be played out wide on the right. He becomes the club's sixth signing of the summer, following Denis Cheryshev, Alfred N'Diaye, José Ángel, Alexandre Pato and Andrés Fernández.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente