Gameiro: Atlético Madrid new boy in immediate injury blow
Los Colchoneros have confirmed that forward Kevin Gameiro has been hit by a muscle injury - just days after moving to the Vicente Calderón.
New Atlético Madrid signing Kevin Gameiro has suffered a muscle strain just two days after beginning training with Los Rojiblancos.
Frenchman only days into Atleti career
Gameiro completed a 32m-euro switch from Sevilla at the weekend, and Atlético's coaching team had planned to hand him his first run-out in Saturday's friendly with Italians FC Crotone.
Grade I muscle injury
However, the Madrid-based outfit revealed on Wednesday that the 29-year-old striker has picked up a "grade I injury in the adductor of the left thigh".
Atlético added: "The player has already begun with therapy treatment for his overload and will do alternative training in the next couple of days."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it