Barcelona 4 - 2 Leicester City
Munir brace helps Barcelona power past Leicester
Two goals from Munir and a thrilling first half performance from Lionel Messi put Claudio Ranieri's men to the sword, only for a brilliant Musa to almost inspire a comeback
Barcelona thumped English Premier League champions Leicester City 4-2 in a pre-season friendly in Sweden on Wednesday but Claudio Ranieri's side were given hope by a second-half brace from new boy Ahmed Musa.
Lionel Messi's sumptuous pass set up the first of Munir El Haddadi's two first-half goals while Luis Suarez netted in between as the Spanish champions exposed the Foxes' defence.
Musa shows promise
Nigerian winger Musa, signed from CSKA Moscow, came out with all guns blazing as one of seven second-half changes for Leicester to score after a lightning 50-yard solo run and shot on 47 minutes.
He then pulled another one back on 66 minutes, capitalising on some shoddy Barcelona defending to power home from the edge of the box.
But with the scores at 3-2 Barcelona then sealed the International Champions Cup tournament match with a late winner from Rafa Mujica.
The English side who shocked the football world with their fairytale run to the Premier League title last season were beaten 4-0 last weekend by Paris Saint-Germain.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?