Rummenigge lays into Mourinho over Schweinsteiger
"Players should think twice before signing for clubs who treat them like this when they're no longer wanted," the Bayern chief executive said.
Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has expressed his disbelief at the “humiliation” of former midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger at Manchester United after the hugely decorated player was banished to the reserves by José Mourinho.
"Players should think twice"
“When I read that I couldn’t believe it,” Rummenigge said. “"Players should think twice before signing for clubs who treat them like this when they're no longer wanted.”
Ancelotti: "No place" for Schweinsteiger
Schweinsteiger signed for United last summer after 17 years at the Allianz Arena and his contract at Old Trafford expires next year. However, a mooted return to Bayern looks increasingly unlikely after incoming coach Carlo Ancelotti confirmed that the player “has no place in our planning.”
Neither does the World Cup winner have a place in Mourinho’s squad for the 2016-17 season. It has been a difficult week for Schweinsteiger, who announced his retirement from international football after earning 120 caps for Germany. In his final appearance for his national side at the European Championship in France, Schweinsteiger conceded the penalty that gave the hosts the lead as Germany were knocked out in the semifinals.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby