Llorente: striker out to emulate Michu impact at Swansea
Spaniard Fernando Llorente completed a move to the Liberty Stadium on Friday - and has vowed to deliver goals at the Swans.
New Swansea City striker Fernando Llorente has declared that he's out to replicate the impact made by fellow Spaniard Michu at the Liberty Stadium.
Llorente joined the Welsh outfit from Sevilla on a two-year deal on Friday, telling the side's website: "I have scored goals in La Liga and Serie A, and now I want to score a lot of goals for the club in the Premier League.
Happy to start this new challenge as a Swansea City player! Thanks for your welcome! pic.twitter.com/yUmkTHAJB3— fernando llorente (@llorentefer19) 5 August 2016
Out to follow in Michu footsteps
"I want to score a lot of goals like Michu," explained the 31-year-old former Athletic Club and Juventus ace, who was part of Spain's victorious World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012 squads.
"He is a very good player and he did very well here," he said of his compatriot, who was signed for £2m in 2012 and was dubbed the "bargain of the season" by then Swansea boss Michael Laudrup after grabbing 22 goals in his first season.
"Looking forward" to playing under Guidolin
On current Swansea manager Francesco Guidolin, Llorente said: "He is a very good trainer and I am very happy to be working with him.
"I know him from my time playing in Italy. He is very experienced and has done really well at the clubs he has managed. I’m looking forward to playing for him."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer