SWANSEA 1 - 0 STADE RENNAIS
Fernando Llorente off to a winning start with Swansea
Jay Fulton's header on 70 minutes was all that separated the two teams on the whistle. Llorente featured in the starting XI and was substituted on 58 minutes.
Fernando Llorente made his Swansea debut on Saturday, featuring in the starting XI as Francesco Guidolin's beat Stade Rennais by a goal to nil at the Liberty.
The 31-year-old centre-forward, who signed a two-year deal with the Swans on Friday, played 58 minutes of the match, which was settled by a Jay Fulton header on 70 minutes.
"Fernando asked me yesterday if he could play 30 or 45 minutes. I asked him if it was possible for him to play a little longer than that. He said yes and so I decided to include him in the starting line-up because the most important thing for him now is to be getting playing time", Guidolin explained after the game.
The Italian manager added that he is "happy" to have Llorente on board because "he's an important player in Europe; he's a great signing for us. I think he can do very well in the Premier League because this is his first experience of this league and his motivation and enthusiasm couldn't be higher".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis