Betis confirm Van der Vaart's exit two days after he'd left...
Real Betis announced on Friday afternoon that Raphael van der Vaart has left the club - but the Dutch midfielder had already been officially presented two days ago by Midtjylland.
Shortly after 1pm on Friday afternoon, Betis issued a statement to confirm that Rafael van der Vaart has reached an agreement to join FC Midtjylland - two days after the Dutch midfielder was officially presented by the Danish side.
The 33-year-old midfielder was touted to be one of the lynchpins of Eduardo Macià's sporting project when he joined the Verdiblancos on a free transfer last summer but never really set the Benito Villamarín alight and has moved on pocketing a decent portion of the salary he was due to collect over the final two years of hsi contract. From their press note, it can be assumed that Betis didn't manage to negotiate a complete transfer with the Danish club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United