Tello returns to Fiorentina
Barcelona's Cristian Tello is to spend 2016/17 back at the Serie A side on a season-long loan deal, it was announced on Tuesday.
Barcelona attacker Cristian Tello has joined Italian outfit Fiorentina on loan for the 2016/17 season, it has been announced.
The switch sees the 25-year-old, who did not figure in Barça boss Luis Enrique's plans, return to the club he played for during the second half of last term.
Tello a Firenze. Incontro con Sousa e Dg Corvino, in attesa delle visite mediche e formalità del contratto. pic.twitter.com/P0JHjkAiWO— ACF Fiorentina (@acffiorentina) 15 August 2016
Eight-million-euro purchase clause
As part of the deal, Fiorentina have negotiated an eight-million-euro purchase option on the Spaniard, which Barcelona have confirmed they can block if they wish.
Tello made his Barça debut in 2011, the youth product spending three seasons in the first-team set-up before being sent out on a two-year loan to FC Porto in 2014.
In January this year, he ended his stint at the Portuguese club six months early and moved to Florence, where he made 15 Serie A appearances and scored two goals.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash