Starc: Australian becomes fastest to reach 100 ODI wickets
The Aussie fast bowler overtook Saqlain Mushtaq's record in his side's opening one-day international against Sri Lanka.
Australian paceman Mitchell Starc on Sunday claimed his 100th one-day international wicket in his 52nd match, becoming the quickest to reach the milestone in the format.
Starc dismissed Dhananjaya de Silva during the first game in the ODI series against Sri Lanka to bring up his century.
Mushtaq record beaten
The 26-year-old takes the record from Pakistan off-spinner Saqlain Mushtaq, who chalked up 100 wickets in 53 matches.
Coming into the clash on 98 wickets, the left-armer had earlier moved on to 99 by accounting for opener Kusal Perera with the fourth ball of the match.
Lee mark surpassed
Starc is the second Australian to get to three figures in fewer than 60 ODIs after fast bowler Brett Lee, who reached the total in 55 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"