Atlético Madrid held by Alavés in exciting finish at Calderón
Kevin Gameiro looked to have won it for Atleti with a last-gasp penalty, only for Manu García to stun the hosts with an even later leveller. Alavés-Barcelona live
Atlético Madrid had to settle for a 1-1 draw at home to Deportivo Alavés after a crazy finish to their LaLiga week 1 game at the Vicente Calderón on Sunday.
Spoils shared after two stoppage-time goals
Diego Simeone's side won a debatable penalty three minutes into added time when Víctor Laguardia was adjudged to have fouled Fernando Torres.
Summer signing Kevin Gameiro stepped up and netted from the spot, and looked to have handed Los Rojiblancos all three points.
But there was still time for Manu García to equalise for the newly-promoted visitors with their first shot on target of the evening.
Sporting defeat Athletic, Madrid win in San Sebastián
Earlier in the day, Sporting Gijón beat Athletic Club 2-1, while Real Madrid saw off Real Sociedad 3-0 at Anoeta.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong