Lucas Pérez's next port of call could be Arsenal
The Londoners joined the chase for the Deportivo striker and like Everton, they are willing t9o stump up the player's 20 million euro buy-out fee.
Lucas Pérez's future is looking more and more likely to be spent in the Premier League, but probably at Arsenal rather than Everton. The Gunners have entered the race to land the striker and their offer is above an beyond the one Depor have put to the player to renew terms - an extension to 2023 with an annual pay packet in excess of one million euros.
The option of joining Everton has practically been discarded by the player. Even the promise of a substantial pay rise isn't enough to tempt the forward who, after playing abroad in Ukraine and Greece, would only consider quitting his beloved Depor for an important sporting project and he feels Arsenal offer that more than Everton because they are in this season's Champions League.
While the interest from Arsenal is known, Deportivo still have not received a concrete offer - contrary to Everton who have tabled a17.5 million euro bid. But in the Plaza de Pontevedra, club officials are well aware that if Arsène Wenger comes in with an offer, it will be almosty impossible to keep Lucas Pérez. Until that happens the player remains at Gaizka Garitano's disposal and the coach is expected to include in his in squad list for tomorrow's game against Betis.
Lucas Pérez's departure wouldn't exactly catch Depor by surprise; the club has received numerous enquiries for the centre-forward over the summer: Leicester, Sevilla, Barcelona… which is why the Galicians are studying a number of alternatives themselves to replace the player is he leaves.
- Luis Suárez3Goals
- Sergi Roberto94Passes
*Update 24 de agosto de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis