Sergio León passes medical ahead of Osasuna move
The striker will join up with the squad for his first training session tomorrow and could make his debut against Real Sociedad on Saturday.
Córdoba-born striker Sergio León passed a medical with Osasuna on Thursday ahead of signing a four-year deal with the Rojillos from Elche. The 27-year-old, top scorer in the Liga Adelante last season, will join up with the squad for his first training session in Tajonar tomorrow and could make his debut against Real Sociedad on Saturday at El Sadar.
Osasuna have paiid Elche 1.7 million euros for Sergio León - a fee close to the player's 2 million euro buy-out, even though his contract with the Franjiverdes was due to expire next summer.
Sergio León will join the squad for tomorrow's session which Juan Fuentes, Roberto Torres and Alex Berenguer will miss through injury - all three are ruled out of the Real Sociedad game, but coach Enrique Martín will have recently-signed left-back Carlos Clerc,available for the match.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 4 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles wins seventh career Olympic medal in Tokyo
- Tokyo Olympics: Biles will cherish beam bronze for a long time
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS How many people will lose unemployment benefits in September?
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station