Lucas Vazquez: “It was a hot night and it was tough going”
The winger said after the match that the heat was a big factor in the match against Celta but also praised the Galicians' performance.
Young winger Lucas Vazquez spoke with the press after the hard-fought 2-1 win over Celta de Vigo at the Bernabeu this evening and suggested that the hot weather caused Real Madrid problems.
“It was a very tricky game against an opponent that plays good football,” said Vazquez, who picked out Toni Kroos for Madrid’s winner in the 81st minute. “It was a hot night and maybe that’s why we found it tough going. Obviously we’ve got to make our home stadium into a fortress and anything less than a win isn’t good enough.”
He was also drawn on the future of his teammate James Rodriguez, the subject of widespread transfer speculation after seeing his playing time reduced under Zinedine Zidane.
“I don’t think this was James’ last game, but we’ll see what happens,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game