CELTA DE VIGO
Celta full-back Planas ruled out of Europa League opener
The Celestes will be without the left-back for between three to four months, the club's medical department confirmed on Friday.
Celta de Vigo left-back Carles Planas faces between three and four weeks on the sidelines while he recovers from a Grade II tear to his left thigh muscle. An ecograph detected the injury when the player underwent tests this morning.
Planas suffered the tear during Celta's friendly meeting with Third Division neighbours Rápido de Bouzas at Balaídos on Thursday.
Out of Belgium trip
Planas will miss Celta's upcoming league games against Atlético de Madrid, Osasuna, Sporting de Gijón and Espanyol, as well as the team's opening Europa League game against Standard Liège at Stade Maurice Dufrasne on 15 September.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers