Agüero to miss derby after being handed three-match ban
The Manchester City man is out of his side's clash with Manchester United after being punished for elbowing West Ham's Winston Reid.
Manchester City's Sergio Agüero will miss his side's derby match-up with Manchester United after the Argentina striker was given a three-match ban for violent conduct on Friday.
Banned for elbow on Reid
Agüero was punished retrospectively by the Football Association after television cameras caught him elbowing West Ham United's Winston Reid during City's Premier League win over the Hammers at the Etihad Stadium last weekend.
Referee Andre Marriner had missed the incident and City denied the charge, but the FA found Agüero guilty and his suspension will start on 10 September, when Pep Guardiola's men visit Old Trafford.
Also to miss Bournemouth and Swansea games
In addition to the United clash, Agüero will sit out City's home league game with Bournemouth on 17 September and an EFL Cup tie at Swansea four days later.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up