Ronaldinho, a Barcelona ambassador
Barcelona legend Ronaldinho was in New York City on Tuesday to mark the opening of the club’s new office in the city. The Brazilian, who is currently without a club but has not officially announced his retirement, is an ambassador for the LaLiga giants in the United States.
Messi and Neymar make history
Speaking to FCBarcelona.com, Ronaldinho was effusive in his praise for Barcelona stars Leo Messi and Neymar and said he was delighted to see them “making history” at the club.
“We all hope that Messi continues as he is. He is my friend and I admire him; football needs more people like him,” he added.
The former Barcelona star, whose arrival at the Camp Nou in 2003 kick-started the club’s revival after years of instability and lack of success, also praised his compatriot Neymar. “He’s made history with Brazil, winning the Olympic Gold. I hope all his dreams come true, also at Barça. The team is playing at a very high level and I hope that they finish the season as well as possible.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: $1,200, $2,000 or $6,000 - how much would it be?
- LALIGA How to watch LaLiga games free in the UK in June
- Coronavirus: This season is meaningless – Di Livio against Serie A restart
- Coronavirus | USA How does the Twitter fact-check policy work and why was it used against Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: What is a Money Network Card? Is it a scam?
- Coronavirus | USA Washington DC reopening: what shops and businesses will open?