Ronaldinho, a Barcelona ambassador
Barcelona legend Ronaldinho was in New York City on Tuesday to mark the opening of the club’s new office in the city. The Brazilian, who is currently without a club but has not officially announced his retirement, is an ambassador for the LaLiga giants in the United States.
Messi and Neymar make history
Speaking to FCBarcelona.com, Ronaldinho was effusive in his praise for Barcelona stars Leo Messi and Neymar and said he was delighted to see them “making history” at the club.
“We all hope that Messi continues as he is. He is my friend and I admire him; football needs more people like him,” he added.
The former Barcelona star, whose arrival at the Camp Nou in 2003 kick-started the club’s revival after years of instability and lack of success, also praised his compatriot Neymar. “He’s made history with Brazil, winning the Olympic Gold. I hope all his dreams come true, also at Barça. The team is playing at a very high level and I hope that they finish the season as well as possible.”
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu