Messi and Iniesta included in Barça squad
Mathieu, given the all-clear by the club’s medical staff, also makes the 18-man squad, as do Suárez and Neymar. Piqué, Sergi Roberto, Ter Stegen and André Gomes are all left out.
Messi and Iniesta included
Luis Enrique released Barcelona’s squad to face Alavés on Saturday evening (20:30, CEST). Ter Stegen has been ruled out with a muscle injury, which means the Barça coach will have a choice to make between the sticks. Messi was also included on the squad sheet, despite suffering a groin injury, as was Andrés Iniesta, who was given the green light after recovering from a knee injury. Mathieu and André Gomes were also both given the all-clear, although the Portuguese midfielder was left out of the squad.
International exertions for most of the Barcelona squad
The biggest surprise came from the exclusion of Piqué and Sergi Roberto, who were both left out after their exertions for La Roja. Despite their long-haul travels on international duty, Neymar and Luis Suárez were deemed fit to play. Alcácer, meanwhile, could be set to make his Barcelona debut.
Barcelona squad for Alavés match
The Barcelona squad to face Alavés: Cillessen, Masip, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis, Iniesta, Arda, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Aleix Vidal, Umtiti and Mathieu.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby