Messi and Iniesta included in Barça squad
Mathieu, given the all-clear by the club’s medical staff, also makes the 18-man squad, as do Suárez and Neymar. Piqué, Sergi Roberto, Ter Stegen and André Gomes are all left out.
Messi and Iniesta included
Luis Enrique released Barcelona’s squad to face Alavés on Saturday evening (20:30, CEST). Ter Stegen has been ruled out with a muscle injury, which means the Barça coach will have a choice to make between the sticks. Messi was also included on the squad sheet, despite suffering a groin injury, as was Andrés Iniesta, who was given the green light after recovering from a knee injury. Mathieu and André Gomes were also both given the all-clear, although the Portuguese midfielder was left out of the squad.
International exertions for most of the Barcelona squad
The biggest surprise came from the exclusion of Piqué and Sergi Roberto, who were both left out after their exertions for La Roja. Despite their long-haul travels on international duty, Neymar and Luis Suárez were deemed fit to play. Alcácer, meanwhile, could be set to make his Barcelona debut.
Barcelona squad for Alavés match
The Barcelona squad to face Alavés: Cillessen, Masip, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis, Iniesta, Arda, Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Aleix Vidal, Umtiti and Mathieu.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP